Into each life some rain must fall – at least, that’s how the old saying goes. The same could be said for one’s facial complexion. After decades of daily sun exposure, occasional illness, inconsistent skincare practices and the natural process of aging, your complexion is bound to end up sporting its share of flaws. But there’s no reason that you have to keep sporting them.
While best known for its effectiveness as an anti-wrinkle treatment, laser facial rejuvenation is also a safe, effective way to minimize the appearance of common facial flaws. Unlike topical creams and surface skin treatments, laser treatments work both on and below the skin’s surface to help erase minor flaws that can mar your complexion.
How Laser Facial Rejuvenation Works
As the name of the treatment suggests, laser rejuvenation relies on concentrated beams of light to remove damaged or flawed skin. The precision of lasers allows for targeted treatment of specific areas of concern. As the laser passes over your skin’s surface, it simultaneously removes the outer layer of the skin – the epidermis – while heating the underlying layer of skin, or, dermis. This combination stimulates your skin’s natural healing process, and promotes the growth of new collagen fibers which help your skin appear more plumped and firm after the treatment.
Common Facial Flaws Treated By Laser Rejuvenation
- Acne scars – laser rejuvenation can diminish minor scars or hyperpigmentation left over from your teenage years or newer acne scars caused by adult acne. Severe acne scars may benefit more from other facial treatments like chemical peels.
- Sun-damaged skin – Excessive exposure to ultraviolet rays often results in areas of facial discoloration and unwanted changes in the skin’s texture. Laser rejuvenation helps even the skin tone and bring a smoother look and feel to facial skin.
- Liver spots – These flat dark spots that can appear on the skin of your face, hands and arms are typically caused by a combination of aging and excess sun exposure. After laser rejuvenation, their appearance is diminished significantly, giving you a more youthful appearance.
- Facial birthmarks – Conspicuous birthmarks that appear on the face, especially those more commonly known as port-wine birthmarks can damage self-esteem and confidence. Depending on the size and type of birthmark, laser treatments can reduce the appearance of birthmarks, or completely remove them.
- Enlarged sebaceous glands – Also known as sebaceous hyperplasia, this condition occurs when oil glands on the face swell and take the appearance of small, yellowish bumps. Laser treatment can reduce the appearance of the unsightly bumps in as little as one session.
Questions to Ask Before Laser Rejuvenation
Unfortunately, laser skin rejuvenation is not the right solution for every person or every skin flaw. Before deciding to have a laser skin treatment, it’s important that you ask your doctor the right questions, including:
- How should I prepare for my laser skin rejuvenation procedure?
- Is my skin type suitable for laser skin treatment?
- What are the side effects of laser skin rejuvenation?
- How many treatments will I need to get the results I want?
- How should I care for my skin after laser treatment?
There’s no substitute for either a flawless complexion or for reliable information. If you’re fed up with having a less-than-perfect complexion and are considering laser rejuvenation, contact Cadiz Laser Spa today to discuss your options and get answers to your questions.